category

Local News | Headlines - Sunday, December 8, 2013News!

Sun.Star Davao
Note: This promo has expired.
Categories: News,
Door 5, Ebro-Pelayo Bldg., (former Department of Foreign Affairs office), Jacinto St., Davao City
Dec. 9, 2013, 6 a.m.

Davao No cost-cutting on essentials: Duterte Sunday, December 8, 2013 - 09:42 p.m. THE City Government of Davao will not resort to any cost-cutting measures although the Commission on Audit (COA) found some “uncontrolled and accelerated government spending,” such as electricity expenses, gasoline, oil and lubricants, and even the economic, social and civic assistance. “I cannot cut on the essential services,” Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte said. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Unruly crowd stops Muziklaban Sunday, December 8, 2013 - 09:41 p.m. A HUGE crowd watching the Mindanao finals of Red Horse Muziklaban, an annual battle of the band sponsored by San Minguel Beer, turned unruly Saturday evening, prompting one of the country's leading bands to cut short their performance. The event was stopped even before the winner of the competition was announced. The winner will represent Mindanao area in the grand finals slated in Manila in February, next year. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- City administrator agrees revival of Friday organic market Sunday, December 8, 2013 - 09:41 p.m. DAVAO City Administrator lawyer Melchor Quitain expressed his full support to organic food advocates' call for restoration of the Friday Organic Farmers Market, which will be set up at Rizal Park on San Pedro Street in the city. Quitain, in his note during the celebration of the Organic Day last week, said he is amenable to the advocates of the Go Organic Davao City (GoDC), Mamamayan Ayaw sa Aerial Spray (Maas), and Interface Development Interventions (Idis), call to restore the market. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- P200,000 lost in Toril blaze Sunday, December 8, 2013 - 09:40 p.m. A MAN was hurt in a fire that razed a house on Sto. Kristo Street corner Bohol Avenue in Toril, Davao City. Senior Police Officer 1 (SPO1) Leo Romero, investigator of the Toril police station, identified the victim as Engr. Jose Denorte Bacalanmo, of legal age, owner of the house that was razed around 9:10 a.m. of December 7. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Christmas light-up today Sunday, December 8, 2013 - 09:40 p.m. IT’S all systems go for Dan-ag Dabaw, opening ceremony of the 2014 Pasko Fiesta, at Rizal Park around 6 p.m. today, December 9. Councilor Al Ryan Alejandre, spokesperson for Pasko Fiesta, said personnel from the General Services Office (GSO) were done setting up the decors last Saturday. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Police released guard nabbed for threat Sunday, December 8, 2013 - 12:38 a.m. A GUARD who was arrested for alleged grave threat was released on Friday, after the victim did not push through with filing his formal complaint against him before the City Prosecution Office (CPO). Police identified the accused as Roberto Celisteno, 57, a security guard of IT Park Res. in Talomo in Davao City. The complainant was identified as Sherwin Butad Beleson, 33, a construction worker of the IT Park Residence, and resident of Matina. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Police launch manhunt for robbery suspects Sunday, December 8, 2013 - 12:37 a.m. POLICE are now looking for the suspects behind a robbery incident in an office at house No. 142 on De Guzman Street in Barangay 13-8 in Barrio Obrero in Davao City on December 6. Records from the Sta. Ana Police Station showed that the incident happened around 7:30 a.m. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Troops in search of NPA cadavers Sunday, December 8, 2013 - 12:37 a.m. TROOPS from the Eastern Mindanao Command (Eastmincom) are now looking for four cadavers of the suspected members of the New People’s Army (NPA) who died in separate encounters with the government troops in Compostela Valley this week. Eastmincom's Public Information Office chief Captain Alberto Caber, in a phone interview, said four communist rebels were killed in two separate encounters with the members of the 71st Infantry Battalion in Maco in Compostela Valley on Wednesday and Friday. Source : http://www.sunstar.com.ph/davao/local-news

Go to Website

Sun.Star Davao
Address:

Door 5, Ebro-Pelayo Bldg., (former Department of Foreign Affairs office), Jacinto St., Davao City

Telephone: (082) 282-3871, 282-3851, 282-3498, 282-3515, 285-7125, 285-7080
Email: ssdavao@gmail.com
Website: http://bit.ly/1bkq9LR
Description:

Editor-in-Chief: Stella Estremera
President: Gina G. Atienza
General Manager: Tessie A. Paña
Other publication: SuperBalita, daily in the vernacular Bisaya

Sun.Star Davao is a multi-awarded daily newspaper, tabloid in format but broadsheet in content and focus. It has sections found in broadsheets -- news, business, opinion, lifestyle and sports.



Related Promos
Sunstar - Breaking News
Bisaya News | Fri, December 06, 2013
Unruly crowd stops Muziklaban
Lumads arrive to spend Yuletide season in Davao City
Media coverage on demolitions slammed
Davao | Latest News, Dec. 12 2013
Davao | Latest News, Dec. 13 2013
Davao | Latest News, Dec. 16 2013
Davao | Latest News, Dec. 17 2013
Davao | Latest News, Dec. 19 2013