Department Of Health Davao RegionNews!
JP Laurel Avenue, Bajada Davao City 8000 Highlights info row image
March 11, 2020, 2:01 p.m.
HOW TO MANAGE SUSPECTED AND CONFIRMED CASES OF COVID-19: A guide for all level 2 & 3 hospitals, and Municipal and City Health Offices.
Stay on top of the situation by following DOH's official accounts!
UPDATED GUIDELINES FOR MANAGEMENT AND REFERRALS OF SUSPECTED AND CONFIRMED CASES OF COVID - 19 UNDER CODE RED
1. ALL Municipal and City Health Offices are directed to:
- triage and manage all patients suspected to have COVID - 19 according to previously issued guidelines.
2. All level 2 and 3 Hospitals are directed to attend to all patients suspected to have the COVID - 19 and those confirmed COVID - 19 with mild symptoms.
3. All level 2 and 3 Hospitals are encouraged to designate a triage area in their Emergency rooms for screening suspected COVID - 19.
4. Only confirmed COVID - 19 patients that are severe and critical shall be referred to the Research Institute of Tropical Medicine, San Lazaro Hospital, and Lung Center of the Philippines.
5. All level 2 and 3 Hospitals are reminded to not to refuse patients suspected or diagnosed with COVID - 19. To reiterate the PHIC Advisory No. 2020 - 012, refusal to provide care to said patients shall be considered a violation to a signed Performance Commitment and shall be dealt with by the Corporation accordingly.
keywords: DOH; COVID -19; secondary and tertiary hospitals are reminded not to refuse patients suspected or diagnosed with COVID - 19; guidelines for management and referrals for suspected and confirmed cases or patients; management and triage of municipal and city health offices for possible COVID -19 cases.