Hulagway Sa Kadayawan Sa Davao 2018!Contest
Note: This promo has expired.
Aug. 14, 2018, 11:27 a.m.
HULAGWAY SA KADAYAWAN 2018
The competition rewards the best Kadayawan sa Davao 2018 Festival photos across six (6) categories. Photographs must showcase the beauty and grandeur of 33rd Kadayawan sa Davao 2018 celebration.
1. The competition is free to enter with no registration fee required.
2. Open to all interested photographers (professionals, hobbyists, phone photographers).
3. All entries should have been taken from August 10-19, 2018 and should be based on the Categories outlined below.
4. The Categories are:
• PAG-ABLI (photos taken during the Pag-abli, Subang Sinugdanan, Panagtagbo, Pananam)
• TRIBO (photos taken during the Hiyas sa Kadayawan, Dula Kadayawan, Kadayawan Village, Bantawan Cultural Presentation)
• INDAK-INDAK (photos taken during the Indak Indak sa Kadayawan, Kosplay Kadayawan)
• PAMULAK (photos taken during the Pamulak sa Kadayawan, Pitik Kadayawan)
• TUNOG UG SAYAW (photos taken during the Sayaw Kadayawan, Tunog Kadayawan)
• KASIKAS (photos taken during the Kadayawan Farmers Market, Kadayawan Dragon Boat, Mugna Kadayawan, Habi Kadayawan, Pahalipay)
Note: Please refer to the Kadayawan sa Davao Festival Calendar of Events for the dates and venues of the official activities (www.facebook.com/kadayawanfest)
5. To qualify, a participant should submit AT LEAST THREE (3) entries representing THREE (3) DIFFERENT CATEGORIES. A participant is allowed to send a maximum of two (2) entries per category.
6. To enter, participants must post clear photograph/s to the Post Section of Hulagway sa Davao official Facebook page (www.facebook.com/hulagwaysadavao).
7. Photo caption should include:
• Category name
• Description in 1-2 sentences only
• Event name and date taken
• Participant’s full name
• The hash tags: #HulagwayKadayawan#KADAYAWAN
8. All entries can only be processed using global methods. Only cropping, minor burning, dodging and color correction is acceptable. Watermarks, borders, high dynamic range images (HDR), and stitched panorama are not allowed. Over-processed photo entries shall be disqualified automatically.
9. Photo entries may be posted anytime between August 10 up to 5:00 p.m. of August 20, 2018.
11. Submission of entries signifies the acceptance of the rules and regulations of the contest. The City Government of Davao reserves the right to publish or display any entry – winning or non-winning, for promotional purposes, with due acknowledgement of the original owner of the photograph.
10. A shortlist of up to TWENTY (20) photos from each Category will be pre-selected by the panel of judges prior to the Final and Actual Judging. There will be a total of 120 photo finalists that will compete for the award and cash prizes.
11. Participants whose photos made it as finalist will be notified through private message by the Hulagway sa Davao page admin.
12. They will then be required to submit printed and soft copies of their qualified entry/ies for the Final and Actual Judging.
13. During the Final and Actual Judging, the judges will base their decision on the following criteria:
• Composition (30%)
• Originality (30%)
• Creativity (30%)
• Relevance to the Theme (10%)
14. Decision of the Judges and the City Information Office is final and no negotiation will be entered into with respect to any such decision.
15. These are the prizes at stake:
First Place - 20,000 cash prize plus trophy
Second Place - 15,000 cash prize plus trophy
Third Place - 10,000 cash prize plus trophy
Mayor’s Choice - 5,000 cash prize plus trophy
17 Consolation Prizes (Category-based)
Pag-abli (3 winners)- 2,000 each plus certificate
Tribo (3 winners)- 2,000 each plus certificate
Indak-Indak (2 winners) - 2,000 each plus certificate
Pamulak (3 winners) - 2,000 each plus certificate
Tunog ug Sayaw(3 winners) - 2,000 each plus certificate
Kasikas (3 winners) - 2,000 each plus certificate
|City Government of Davao|
To maintain a healthy online community, the following are strictly prohibited in this page:
• Use of foul language and derogatory statements
We reserve the right to delete posts containing any of the above. Thank you.
We value your comments, suggestions, insights, concerns and reactions. Email us at email@example.com.