Saladmaster Healthy Recipes - PiayaPromotion
Categories: Food & Drinks, Health & Beauty, Household,
Davao City, Philippines
Feb. 1, 2018, 5:03 p.m.
Piaya is an unleavened sweet bread served for dessert or as a sweet snack that is filled with a rich and gooey filling made with muscovado sugar. A product of the Negros provinces, the sugar capital of the Philippines, muscovado sugar is a partially refined to unrefined dark brown sugar rich in molasses.
Piaya are easy to prepare and can be stored in the refrigerator until ready to cook. Cook up these tasty little treats in just a few minutes on the Saladmaster 316Ti Flatbread Pan.
- Place and salt in mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add chilled butter cubes to flour mixture and work butter into flour with the back of a fork or your fingers until it is approximately the size of crumbs.
- Add ice cold water to mixture, 1 tablespoon (15 mL) at a time until it forms a dough.
- Place dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until dough is smooth and all of the flour is incorporated.
- Divide dough into 8 even portions and form each into a ball. Cover with damp kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let rest approximately 15 - 20 minutes.
- Flatten dough ball with the palm of your hand or a rolling pin. In small bowl, combine muscovado sugar and molasses. Place 1 tablespoons of sugar mixture in middle of dough circle and fold dough edges into the center to cover the sugar. Pinch dough with fingers to seal.
- Carefully flatten dough with rolling pin and roll into a 3-inch (7.6 cm) round. Sprinkle sesame seeds on each side of dough and lightly press into dough with rolling pin. It is very important that there are no holes in the dough. If there are, pinch them together with your fingers before cooking.
- Preheat pan over medium heat until several drops of water sprinkled on pan skitter and dissipate.
- Cook Piaya for approximately 2 - 3 minutes on each side until browned and crispy. Serve Piaya warm.
- Muscovado sugar can be replaced with dark brown sugar.
- If made in advance, Piaya can be reheated on preheated Flatbread Pan for 1 minute on each side.
|AJ Health Solution Force, Inc.|
Davao City, Philippines
|Telephone: (082) 330 5830|
|Mobile: 09175749654 (globe), 09106658744(smart)|
Saladmaster can change your life. This cooking system enables you to cook low-fat, nutritious meals that taste incredibly delicious. When you eat healthy food, you look better, feel better and live longer. Saladmaster is more than just cookware, it's a commitment to a better quality of life--that's the main difference.
Studies support that up to 93% of foods essential vitamins and minerals are retained when cooking in Saladmaster cookware, and when following Saladmaster’s method of cooking on low temperature settings and without added water to fruits and vegetables.
"Our Vapo-Valve creates a semi-vacuum cooking environment that locks in moisture and maintains food's natural flavor."
Exclusively Distributed by AJ Health Solution Force, Inc.
For more information, please contact: